I became interested in dentistry when I was just fourteen years old. Due to a rare dental condition, I underwent extensive treatment and experienced true dental rehabilitation firsthand. That experience paved the way for a life-long passion to provide for others what had been given to me: a beautiful, healthy, confident smile. This dentist office is different from others as our team is centered on providing top-notch patient care.
Throughout my career, I have had the privilege of meeting and working with some of the most highly-regarded clinicians and dental educators in the world. I completed the entire continuum at the prestigious L.D. Pankey Institute in Key Biscayne, Florida and was honored to serve as a Lead Faculty member, facilitating the education of others in the concepts of TMJ, occlusion, and restorative dentistry that I had learned. I became a Pankey Scholar after successfully completing a rigorous process that challenges each candidate to demonstrate an exceptional level of practice, which has been awarded to only 48 dentists worldwide.
I believe that too often, dental treatment is offered in response to a problem without also treating the source of the problem. A thorough evaluation of a patient’s lifestyle, chewing patterns, tooth arrangement and gum health allows more appropriate treatment of a dental condition for a more comfortable, long-lasting result.
When I’m not working to improve patients’ smiles, I enjoy gardening, cooking, hiking, photography, and traveling with my husband, Brooks.
Awards and Accolades
- Bachelor’s Degree – Texas A&M University, class of ’80
- Graduated University of Texas Dental Branch at Houston, 1983
- Alumnus/Pankey Scholar/Visiting Faculty member, the Pankey Institute for Advanced Dental Education
- Member, Pankey Faculty Study Club
- Member, Spear Study Club
- Member, Academy of General Dentistry
- Member, American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Voted one of “America’s Top Dentists,” 2010-2014 by the Consumer’s Research Council
- Super Docs, Living Magazine
- Member of local, state, and national dental associations
- Listed as one of the Leading Physicians of the World
- Participant in the Give Back A Smile program–offering assistance to victims of domestic abuse
- Happily married to Brooks Myers, with four grown children and 4 grandchildren…so far
Debby has experience in both the clinical and business areas of the office. She is the owner of the cheery voice that answers our patients’ phone calls and greets them at the office door. Debby handles scheduling, financial arrangements, insurance matters and general office operations. Although she was born in San Diego, California she really grew up in San Antonio. She has been married to Robert, her high school sweetheart, for over 30 years. Their spare time is often spent with their three sons and their family. Debby enjoys working out and caring for her family.
Delma is a Registered Dental Assistant with 15 years experience, primarily in cosmetic/restorative procedures. Not only is she proficient assisting the doctor, she also has a caring heart and constantly monitors the patient’s comfort. She’s originally from Kingsville, but has lived in the San Antonio area since 2005. She and her husband, Frank, and their daughter, Kianna , enjoy traveling and spending time with family.